Did you miss our Open Evening?
Have a look through our 2024 Prospectus -->
Take a virtual tour of our wonderful kura.
Kaiapoi High School Enrolment Zone
We love our catchment area. From hidden inland gems to our long stretch of North Canterbury coastline, Kaiapoi High School welcomes students from a long list of fantastic North Canterbury towns and villages, as well as Kaiapoi itself.
All students who live within the school’s zone are entitled to enrol in the school. Proof of residence within the zone will be required.
Out of Zone Enrolments
A ballot for out-of-zone enrolments is carried out once a year. If you are interested in enroling and are outside of the enrolment zone, please email email@example.com for further information about our ballot system.
Before you Enrol:
* Online option - If you choose to enrol online, follow the link at the top of the page and you will find further instructions on the steps you need to take.
* Downloadable form - If you prefer putting pen to paper, please download the enrolment form below. You can print, complete, scan, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or print, complete, and drop it off at our main office.
* DOCUMENTS REQUIRED: Please include a copy of the student's birth certificate or passport and evidence of the student's physical address. These can be scanned copies or originals brought to the office where we can photocopy them for you.
* Prior to starting an enrolment, please ensure you have read the Cybersafety and BYOD Use Agreements
2024 Enrolment Form
Cybersafety and BYOD Use Agreements
Enrolment Scheme Description
All students who live within the home zone described below (and shown on the attached map) shall be eligible to enrol at the school.
North of the Waimakariri River:
Along Two Chain Rd from the Waimakariri River to South Eyre Rd. West along South Eyre Rd to Browns Rd. Along Browns Rd to Tram Rd. East along Tram Rd to Two Chain Rd. North along Two Chain Rd to Pattersons Rd. Along Pattersons Rd to Dawsons Rd. Along Dawsons Rd to Ashworths Rd.
Along Ashworths Rd to the intersection of Main Drain Rd and Hicklands Rd. East along Hicklands Rd to Easterbrook Rd. North along Easterbrook Rd to Fernside Rd. East along Fernside Rd to Lineside Rd. Across Lineside Rd to Youngs Rd. Along Youngs Rd to Camside Rd. Along Camside Rd to Waikoruru Rd. Along Waikoruru Rd to Okaihau Rd. Along Okaihau Rd to Rangiora Woodend Rd.
Across Rangiora Woodend Rd, continue north-east around the back of and including Ravenswood Estate to the western end of Wards Rd, along Wards Rd including Ravenswood Estate to the Main North Rd. North along Main North Rd to the south bank of the Ashley River and out to the coast.
South of the Waimakariri River:
Start on the south side of the Waimakariri River adjacent to Two Chain Rd. Follow the river to a point in line with Dickeys Rd. South along Dickeys Rd to Main North Rd. East along Main North Rd to Marshlands Rd. South along Marshlands Rd to Guthries Road. South along Guthries Rd to Belfast Rd. East along Belfast Rd to Marshland Rd. South along Marshland Rd to Lower Styx Rd. North along Lower Styx Rd to Heyders Rd (including Old Windsor Lane and Dunlops Rd). Follow Heyders Rd to the coast, including Styx River Place.
(Please note: for all roads which form a boundary of the zone, houses on both sides of the road are included in the zone).
This priority category is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a Special programme approved by the Secretary.
Out of Zone Enrolments
Each year the Board of Trustees will determine the number of places which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The Board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.
Applications for enrolments will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First Priority This priority is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary for Education.
- Second Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Third Priority will be give to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Fourth Priority will be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
- Fifth Prioritywill be given to applicants who are children of board employees.
- Sixth Prioritywill be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth or fifth priority groups than there are places available, Selection within the priority group will be by ballot conducted in accordance with instructions by the Secretary. Under Section 11G (1) on the Education Act 1989. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.
Applicants seeking second or third priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship.